Wednesday 19 October 2016

Veg box scheme

I haven't posted for a while about the veg box scheme that I signed up to a while ago. Probably as they are doing so well at it that I've just taken it for granted. Of course I shouldn't.  So when this little freebie turned up just for being me, I was proud as punch. It's really good quality and I have already used it on tonight's carrots from the veg box. I'm making cottage pie for tea as I type. The weather is a bit cool and rainy so it feels like a comfort food night.
I can't recommend Riverford highly enough for their produce and service. They are fabulous. I'll be sad to leave them when we are self sufficient 😉.  In the mean time they are plugging the gap nicely.
I've managed to do something to my thumb joint. The ball of my hand so to speak. Not sure what but I can get hold and pull anything without a shooting pain. Paracetamol and ibuprofen isn't taking it off and it's been a few weeks now so I may need to pop to the docs.
The Vorwerk chickens have started laying,  bless their socks.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely wee freebie :D i've found for joint pain ice then heat is the best thing , then a good massage haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip. I'll give it a try. Can't see me getting a massage tho! Lol x

      Delete
  2. you dont realise how much you use your thumbs until one is incapacitated, home it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I can't write, take hay off a bale etc. Thanks

      Delete
  3. I love getting gifts like that. Have you hit your hand by accident?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No its coming from inside if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  4. Hope your thumb is better soon. Great photo of the chooks.

    ReplyDelete

Eat, Drink and be Merry - but now what?

In the words of the old adage "eat, drink and be merry", we can safely say we have done that during our time off the paid job.  As...