Wednesday 30 December 2015

Goodbye social media

It has been on my mind for a while now.  Every time I log in to Facebook I see images that I don't want to see.  Images shared by people believing that sharing a picture a thousand times, of a poor animal being beaten, will actually stop that action happening again.  As my friend said, I am so over it! 

I will miss following friends who I don't see in person (Hello Scotland, Bedford and Australia), but I have other ways of communicating with them. 

I think that the plans we have for the next year will keep me busy enough!

5 comments:

  1. I must admit I feel the same about facebook but then there are lots fo things I do like to see, so on balance I'll stay for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you there and I guess it is about balance. I must admit at first I didn't miss it and then I needed to contact someone and realised the only way I had was via a Facebook message at that point....so it does have it's plus sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have used FB to advertise events at our village hall - I am on the fund raising committee. Last year we raised £3,000 in all so I'll stay for now. I tend to post photos as a record of my contentment and appreciation - I despise constant materialistic posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have decided to activate my account again and the reason is people want to see pictures and stay in touch so it's another medium to use. I will post and check friends posts but not scroll through and hopefully I will avoid the posts I want to avoid!

      Delete

Week 8 - The depths of February and going strong.

We have decided to put the area where the pigs were a few years ago back to grass.  They did a great job of eating what was there, weeds and...